The used Lincoln MKZ is a midsize luxury sedan with outsized style. From its sleek exterior to its stylish cabin, this is a used car that attracts all the right attention. Our used MKZ buying guide is here to help you figure out which model years deliver everything you want in a luxury cruiser.
Second Generation: 2013-Current Model Year
What you’ll love about the second-generation used Lincoln MKZ:
- Stylish cabin
- Roomy, plush seating
- Robust list of tech features
- Impressive efficiency with the hybrid powertrain
These used MKZ sedans offer an excellent means of saving money on a classy, high-tech luxury cruiser. You’ll find every trim model nicely equipped with modern comforts and conveniences, including heated front seats with memory settings and adaptive xenon headlights.
You’ll find a range of swift powertrains under these hoods, including a turbocharged four-cylinder, sturdy V6, and efficient hybrid engine. With so many options available, it’s easy to strike the right balance between speed and efficiency.
These used MKZs are also great on technology. Lincoln’s Sync 3 infotainment technology provides hands-free access to compatible smartphones, thanks to its Android Auto and Apple CarPlay features. And its touch-screen interface is easy to figure out, even if you’re not especially tech-savvy. The second-generation MKZ also offers all the latest safety aids, from automatic emergency braking to lane-keeping assist.
Here are some year-to-year changes you should consider before you start test-driving used MKZ sedans:
- For 2019, the V6 engine became optional for the top-trim Reserve II only.
- The 2017 MKZ is restyled inside and out, with a sleek new exterior and a more streamlined, ergonomic cabin. The new Sync 3 infotainment system replaced the outgoing MyLincoln Touch, bringing a quicker touch-screen interface and convenient physical buttons. The 2017 model year also brought a new turbocharged 3.0-liter V6. With optional all-wheel drive, this engine makes 400 horsepower. With standard front-wheel drive, it makes 350 horses.
- For 2015, Lincoln introduced some smart standard features: a rearview camera, automatic headlights, and rear parking sensors.
First Generation: 2007-2012
There’s a lot to love about the first-generation used Lincoln MKZ. These midsize luxury sedans were known for a few main draws:
- Comfy, upscale cabin
- Sporty, responsive performance
- Impressive store of tech and infotainment features
For those who want a great price on a quiet, upscale ride, the first-generation used Lincoln MKZ is an excellent choice.
A few things changed over the years, and that’s important to keep in mind as you shop around for a used MKZ. Here’s a look at this generation’s major updates:
- The MKZ Hybrid debuted for the 2011 model year, adding impressive efficiency to this sedan’s list of desirable features.
- Lincoln gave the MKZ a significant update for the 2010 model year. Inside, the updated MKZ includes updated materials and a longer list of standard features. From 2010 on, the MKZ featured a 3.5-liter V6 engine good for 263 horses and 249 pound-feet of torque. All-wheel-drive was optional.